Sprout Seed, Mung Bean
Seeds for sprouting, fresh eating.
Days To Maturity The average number of days from when the plant is actively growing in the garden to the expected time of harvest.
Sun The amount of sunlight this product needs daily in order to perform well in the garden. Full sun means 6 hours of direct sun per day; partial sun means 2-4 hours of direct sun per day; shade means little or no direct sun.
Height The typical height of this product at maturity.
Sow Method This refers to whether the seed should be sown early indoors and the seedlings transplanted outside later, or if the seed should be sown directly in the garden at the recommended planting time.
Planting Time The recommended time of the year in which this product should be planted.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Life Cycle This refers to whether a plant is an annual, biennial or perennial. Annuals complete their life cycles in one year; biennials produce foliage the first year and bloom and go to seed the second year; perennials can live for more than two years.
How to Sow Sprouting Seeds
- Spread the sprouting seeds evenly in a sprouter or shallow container filled with good quality, sterile soil.
- No need to plant and cover seeds, allow them to sit on top of soil.
- Keep moist by rinsing once or twice per day but do not allow to stand in water.
- Keep in a warm (70 degrees F), dark place until the seed spouts.
- Seeds sprout in 5-7 days.
How to Grow Sprouting Seeds
- Move to light when sprouts are 1-2 inches tall.
Harvest and Preservation Tips for Sprouting Seeds
- Harvest when 2-4 inches tall.
- Rinse well before serving.
- Sprouts are excellent in salads and prepared dishes.
- Eat them as soon as possible to assure maximum vitamin content.