Keep it simple with garlicky-good stir-fried bok choy or Chinese cabbage. (Browse Burpee’s selection of Asian greens here.)
- In a large skillet, heat 3 Tbs olive oil and add 2 sliced shallots, 4 cloves garlic coarsely chopped and 1 small knob ginger, peeled and diced. Sauté 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Chop 2 medium heads of Chinese cabbage or bok choy and rinse well, separating the white parts from the leafy green parts.
- Add white bok choy and a few teaspoons of water to the skillet, sautéing over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add leafy green parts and 3 Tbs of oyster sauce and sauté until wilted and heated through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
November 5, 2021