The star of spring! Store-bought asparagus can’t begin to compare with the flavor and texture of stalks fresh from your own garden. Delight in this perennial, which thrives in full or partial sun, for seasons to come.
- Asparagus, Mary WashingtonHEIRLOOM. All-time favorite with fine flavor.$3.95 - $21.95As low as $3.95
Plant & Seeds & Seeds & Bare Root & Seeds
- Asparagus, MillenniumSuper-productive plants deliver season after season.$36.95As low as $36.95
- Asparagus, Purple PassionGorgeous purple color with delectable flavor.$36.95As low as $36.95
- Asparagus, Jersey Supreme HybridThe very first asparagus of the season.$36.95
- Asparagus, Jersey KnightHighly productive plants adapt and grow in any garden soil.$36.95
Popular Types of Asparagus
Asparagus is a vegetable that requires patience to grow as it can take 1-2 years to become harvestable after planting bare asparagus roots, but these plants can produce harvests for a decade or longer. Gardeners seek asparagus varieties such as Purple Passion, Jersey Knight, and Mary Washington. These varieties can be found at burpee as seeds, bare roots, or plants ready to grow.