W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have openings for a Farm & Trials Intern at our Fordhook Farm in Doylestown, PA. Primary responsibilities may include but not limited to: assisting the Fordhook Farm crew with the maintenance and preservation of gardens, trials and buildings at Fordhook Farm.
- Support with the planting and watering of the research trials, display gardens, greenhouses, and perennial gardens.
- Assists with the maintenance and clean-up of the research trials, display gardens, perennial gardens and buildings.
- Facilitate with the harvest of the research field trials and display gardens.
- Support with collection of information data, recording, labeling, and database maintenance of the annual and vegetable container and field trials.
- Assists with the photography team and product managers’ needs, as well as public and private events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work 40 hours per week with rotating weekends for watering
- Be able and willing to communicate with supervisors and farm guests
- Capable to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able and willing to lift 35lbs
- The desire to work, learn and be a part of Burpee seed innovations!
- Prior experience preferred, but not required
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established organization with an excellent reputation. Interested, qualified applicants should forward their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to HR@burpee.com for immediate consideration. Please include Job Code 2018-13 Fordhook Intern in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer.