W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for an Assembly Line Lead. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to effectively managing the workforce within the seed fill section of the Assembly lines.
- Maintain quality control paperwork and labor pool paperwork.
- Maintain and ensure work quality standards.
- Maintain and ensure work quantity standards.
- Direct staffing throughout the Assembly lines.
- Training of new staffing on seed fill duties (counting, filling, neatness, technique).
- Fill seed panels as needed.
- Request seed for lines if shortages occur.
- Direct consolidation of seed carts.
- Monitor and maintain accurate seed pack counts throughout panels.
- Maintain accurate counts on panels as jobs flow down the lines.
- Communicate when job is nearing end.
- Co-ordinate removal of empty cartons and sleeves during jobs for disposal.
- Direct the clean-up of the lines after jobs finish.
- Responsible for ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures are followed by seed fillers.
- Direct seed fillers to install die cuts into seed panels when appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate instructions effectively
- Requires standing, kneeling and lifting up to 8 hours per day.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line “Assembly Line Lead – Job Code 2017-7” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.