Meatball, Eggplant Burger Recipe
Hamburger from 'Meatball' Eggplant
Capture meaty texture and true “hamburger” taste with Burpee’s Meatball eggplant as your main ingredient, taking veggie burgers to a new level!
► 2 large eggs
► 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
► 1/2 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
► 1 clove garlic
► 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
► 2 medium sized Burpee ‘Meatball’ eggplants
*Some salt and pepper to taste
Yields 4-5 Servings
Note: When preparing hamburger mixture, do so immediately before cooking to prevent the eggplant from releasing excessive juices.
1. Mix first two ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mince half cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves and one garlic clove and the olive oil and combine with egg and breadcrumb mixture.
3. Peel ‘Meatball’ eggplants and grate them with the largest holes of a hand grater on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture and add to mixture, adding the salt and pepper in the last minute before cooking.
4. You will obtain a soft mixture. If it is too watery, add a tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
5. Form into patties and cook in a heavy pan, or in the new parlance cook it "a la plancha", in a small amount of your favorite oil. (Due to the soft texture of the mixture, you will not be able to cook this hamburger on a regular grill.)
6. Cook some thick slices of white onion at the same time, in the same pan.
8. Serve with fresh-sliced tomato and some freshly-picked leaves of lettuce.
Enjoy the best meatless hamburger ever! Get 'Meatball' Here!