1 chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup Arborio rice
2-2 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 Tbs butter
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbs sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a few tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven and add chopped onion. Sauté for 4 minutes or until softened.
2. Add minced garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 4-6 minutes or until beginning to soften.
4. Add 1 cup Arborio rice and a bit more oil if needed and stir to coat grains of rice. Slowly stir in chicken or vegetable broth, adding in ½ cup increments. Wait until all the liquid is absorbed before adding more broth, stirring constantly. Check doneness of rice and add more liquid as needed.
5. Once the rice is tender, remove from the heat and stir in butter and grated parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and add sherry vinegar. Serve with chopped chives and additional cheese.