Symphony in Green
6 Brussels Sprouts
2 Medium Zucchini
14 Green Envy Tomatoes
8 Basil Leaves
1 Garlic Clove
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Minced Italian Parsley
1 Lb. Fresh Spinach Fettuccini
- Trim and quarter Brussels sprouts.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in 4s and then cut in 1" cubes.
- Mince basil and garlic in olive oil.
- In deep sauce pan bring water to a boil, add some salt, blanch Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes, add zucchini and blanch for another 5 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and set aside.
- Meanwhile in separate pan, cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in same deep sauce pan, sauté the blanched vegetables together with the tomato, basil and olive oil mixture for no more than 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add strained pasta and sauté for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh Italian parsley and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe by Miryana Navarro Monzo