Decorate an Upcycled Plastic Bottle Planter
Did you know that enough plastic bottles are thrown away each year to circle the earth four times?* Taking used goods and repurposing them into something else is a fun and creative project known as "upcycling." Plastic bottles can be easily upcycled into planters. Today, we will decorate and plant one!
What you need:
• Plastic bottle with bottle cap ( a 2 liter soda bottle works great!
• Sharp scissors or a knife
• Googly eyes
• Seeds or a small plant
- Start with a clean, dry, plastic bottle. Using a sharp scissors or knife, cut it in two, just below the bottleneck.
- Glue googly eyes onto the middle of the plastic bottle.
- Just below and in between the googly eyes, glue the bottle cap into the body of the bottle. The hollow part of the bottle cap should be faced towards the bottle (so it looks like a round nose). Let the glue dry completely.
- Add any more decorations or drawings you like to decorate your bottle.
- To turn your bottle into a planter, pierce drainage holes into bottom of the bottle with a knife.
- Fill your bottle with seed starting mix or potting soil.
- Plant seeds or plants, water, and enjoy!