Make a Peanut Butter Bird Feeder
Here’s a simple, decorative and fun craft your child can make to attract birds to your garden. Hunt for pine cones together, and pick the right kind of birdseed for the birds you want to attract. Then your child can hang the final product on a tree outside a window and look for the happy birds he/she has attracted every day.
What You Need:
• Pine cones
• A paper plate
• A butter knife
• Creamy peanut butter
• Bird seed
• A ribbon
What To Do:
1. Cut a long piece of ribbon to hang the feeder.
2. Tie the ribbon in a knot around the top of the pine cone, about three sections down.
3. Use the butter knife and scoop out a large clump of peanut butter on the plate. Spread the peanut butter on the inside of the cone and around the edges.
4. Sprinkle the bird seed on the plate and roll the cone in the bird seed so as much as possible will stick to the peanut butter in the cone.
5. Hang the feeder from a branch near a window where your child can watch for birds.
6. Make some more and hang them all over your garden!