- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup melted butter, 1 cup sugar, and 2 eggs and blend until
- Add 1/4 tsp almond extract.
- Sift 1 1/2 cups white flour and 1 tsp baking powder.
- Fold into sugar and butter mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir in 2 tbsp Lemon basil leaves and 1 tbsp lemon zest.
- Turn batter into a greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" ovenproof loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove and prick the top with a fork; pour over a blend of 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
mixed with 2 tbsp sugar.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook