Swiss Chard Tart
- Blanch 4 cups Bright Yellow chard in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Squeeze excess moisture and set aside.
- Sauté 1 onion and 1 clove minced garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil until soft.
- Add chard and sauté over medium heat several minutes.
- In a bowl, beat 4 eggs with 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in chard mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Pour into 10" pie shell and bake for 40 minutes.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook