Spinach Salad with Roasted Pears
- Peel and slice 4 firm pears, and toss with 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Place in an open baking dish and roast in 400° oven for 15 minutes, until lightly
- Tear 6 cups washed and dried Double Choice spinach; toss with 4 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp
rice wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a plate and evenly distribute roasted pears.
- Garnish with dried cranberries, toasted walnuts and hard boiled egg.
- Top with grating of Parmesan cheese.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook