Sprout Seed, Broccoli
Seeds for sprouting, fresh eating.
Days To Maturity
Fall, Spring, Summer
Plant Shipping Information
How to Sow
- Spread seeds evenly in a sprouter or shallow container filled with good quality, sterile soil.
- No need to plant and cover seeds, allow them to sit on top of soil.
- Keep moist by rinsing once or twice per day but do not allow to stand in water.
- Keep in a warm (70 degrees F), dark place until the seed spouts.
- Seeds sprout in 5-7 days.
How to Grow
- Move to light when sprouts are 1-2 inches tall.
Harvest and Preserving Tips
- Harvest when 2-4 inches tall.
- Rinse well before serving.
- Sprouts are excellent in salads and prepared dishes.
- Eat them as soon as possible to assure maximum vitamin content.
Days To Maturity5-7 daysSunPart SunHeight1-2 inchesSow MethodIndoor SowPlanting TimeFall, Spring, SummerLife CycleAnnual
Sprout Seed, Broccoli is rated out of 5 by 1.Rated 5 out of 5 by Kirbbi from Super Bargain This is a great deal on broccoli sprouting seed, it grows and tastes just like the seed I was paying $30.00 a pound for on the sprouting sites. I'll stick with burpee and save my self a bunch of cash, thank you! You can grow this on a budget with a clean jar, some cheese cloth, and a rubber band. Soak a couple table spoons of seed in clean water over night then rinse and drain twice a day. Sprouts will be ready to eat in about 6 days. Drain and rinse well are the best tips for a successful crop. If you are on the fence, I say go for it, try a 1/4 lb - you'll be back for more soon.Date published: 2012-08-05