Broccoli, Raab Rapini Organic
Best when grown in cool weather.
Days To Maturity null
Sow Method null
Planting Time null
Sow Time null
6-8 weeks BLF
Life Cycle null
Plant Shipping Information
How to Sow
- Broccoli Raab is a cool season crop sown in average soil in early spring as soon as the soil is workable.
- Sow in rows 8-12 inches apart, cover with ¼ inch of fine soil.
- Keep evenly moist.
- Seedlings emerge in 10-21 days.
- Thin to stand about 4-6 inches apart when seedlings are 1-2 inches high.
How to Grow
- Keep weeds under control during the growing season. Weeds compete with plants for water, space and nutrients, so control them by either cultivating often or use a mulch to prevent their seeds from germinating. Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants when weeding.
- Keep plants well watered during dry periods to promote rapid, uninterrupted growth.
- Monitor for pests and diseases. Check with your local Cooperative Extension Service for pest controls recommended for your area.
Harvest and Preserving Tips
Plants produce an abundance of small leaves and many side-shoots no larger than a quarter.
Pick shoots and leaves in about 35 days.
Harvest whole plants when sprouts are 1-2 inches across just as they begin to flower.
Keep picking to extend harvest.
Days To Maturity60-70 daysSunFull SunSpread12 inchesHeight24-30 inchesSow MethodIndoor SowPlanting TimeFall, SpringSow Time6-8 weeks BLFThin12 inchesLife CycleAnnual