W. Atlee Burpee & Co. the leading supplier to the American home gardener has an immediate opening for a Full Time Maintenance Supervisor in its Warminster, PA headquarters. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance of the property (internal and external), buiW. Atlee Burpee & Co. the leading supplier to the American home gardener has an immediate opening for a Full Time Maintenance Supervisor in its Warminster, PA headquarters. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance of the property (internal and external), building facilities, and equipment.
Under the direction of the Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will schedule and oversee maintenance operations to minimize equipment downtime to ensure production requirements are met. This position also supports various projects with a focus on safety, quality, and production.
- Perform any and all technical or manual duties directed by the Manager to keep the facility and production assets of the company operating safely and productively
- Improve functionality and reliability of all production and facility equipment
- Assist with scheduling all facility and equipment work assignments
- Perform and schedule preventative maintenance assignments
- Ensure training and adherence to all safety processes and procedures as well as strict adherence to all OSHA regulations and company safety policies
- Prepare, coordinate and ensure all fire, fall protection, and other safety programs are established and followed
- Vendor management including identifying and evaluating parts suppliers and equipment suppliers, negotiating with outside service companies, etc.
- Train and mentor maintenance staff
- Respond to emergency alarms
- Install, upgrade, or repair any and all necessary electrical projects of 220V or less in nature
- Install, upgrade, or repair any painting, carpeting, plumbing, sheet rock jobs as directed
- Install, maintain, or upgrade any production equipment as directed
- Maintain the yard (summer) and roadways (winter) to keep exterior clean and safe as directed
- Includes mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and general carpentry tasks requiring an above average core competence in those areas of maintenance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment including forklift and scissor lift
- This position will require the use of ladders.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role helpful
The successful candidate for this Maintenance Supervisor position will be highly skilled, self-directed and resourceful. Must have basic computer knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, stable, successful organization offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as career advancement potential for the right individual.
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates should forward their resume, including salary requirements, to HR@burpee.com. Please include Job Code 2018-16 Maintenance Supervisor in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
No phone calls please.