Full Time Assembly Line Lead
W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Full Time Assembly Line Lead. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to effectively managing the workforce within the seed fill section of the Assembly lines. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, successful, growth oriented organization.
- Maintain quality control paperwork and labor pool paperwork.
- Maintain and ensure work quality standards.
- Maintain and ensure work quantity standards.
- Direct staffing throughout the Assembly lines.
- Training of new staffing on seed fill duties (counting, filling, neatness, technique).
- Fill seed panels as needed.
- Request seed for lines if shortages occur.
- Direct consolidation of seed carts.
- Monitor and maintain accurate seed pack counts throughout panels.
- Maintain accurate counts on panels as jobs flow down the lines.
- Communicate when job is nearing end.
- Co-ordinate removal of empty cartons and sleeves during jobs for disposal.
- Direct the clean-up of the lines after jobs finish.
- Responsible for ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures are followed by seed fillers.
- Direct seed fillers to install die cuts into seed panels when appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate instructions effectively
- Requires standing, kneeling and lifting up to 8 hours per day.
The company offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and paid time off. Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to HR@burpee.com for immediate consideration. Applications without the requested information will be considered last. Please include Job Code 2018-14 Assembly Line Lead in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer.