Gardener at Fordhook Farms
W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Gardener at our Fordhook Farm in Doylestown, PA. As Gardener, you will be responsible for assisting the Perennial Trials Supervisor/Estate Gardener with the maintenance and preservation of gardens at Fordhook Farm.
Key Responsibilities for the Gardener Position:
- Support with the planting, watering and maintenance of the display gardens, greenhouses, perennial gardens and research gardens.
- Facilitate with the irrigation installation in the display, trial, and perennial gardens.
- Support with collection of information data, recording, labeling, and database maintenance of the perennial trials.
- Assists with the photography team and product managers needs as well as public and private events.
- Support with the planting, watering, harvesting and maintenance of the research trials, as needed by Field Research Coordinator.
- Assists with the maintenance and clean-up of the research trials, display gardens, perennial gardens and buildings.
- Use of hand tools, including pruners, saws, rakes, shovels, leaf blowers, and other equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the Gardener Position:
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work 40+ hours per week during busy season, with rotating weekends for watering
- Be able and willing to communicate with supervisors, product managers and farm guests
- Capable to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able and willing to lift 35lbs
- Plant, weed ID a PLUS!
- The desire to work, learn, and be a part of Burpee seed innovations!
- Prior experience preferred, but not required
For immediate consideration for this FULL TIME Gardener position qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Please include Job Code 2018 – 12 Fordhook Gardener in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.