W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Category Manager. This individual's responsibilities include but are not limited to: product recommendations based upon analysis and manages the execution of marketing, product, merchandising and replenishment strategies to increase sales and profitability for assigned accounts.
Key Responsibilities of Sr. Category Manager:
- Overall responsibility for the P/L of assigned accounts; ensures product, marketing and merchandising strategies are executed within timelines and budget.
- Works closely with product managers and executive marketing management to develop product assortments.
- Recommends assortments, assortment layouts and store display configurations to sales and executive marketing management.
- Develops and communicates product forecasts and ensures that account information/expectations (orders, shipping dates, special requirements, etc.) are communicated to appropriate personnel in a timely and complete manner.
- Manages the execution of product packaging as designed and approved by senior management.
- Assists in the preparation of sales and account related expense budgets. Provides re-forecasts as required.
- Performs consumer and competitive market research in order to improve Burpee’s shopping experience and competitive position in the account and marketplace.
- Directs the in-season replenishment parameters to ensure that VMI accounts are adequately replenished and non-VMI accounts have essential product available; maximizes sell-thru while minimizing end of season inventory balances.
- Provides information to sales management to ensure all assigned product displays are properly set up and serviced (i.e., set-up/in-season visits/display re-sets/End of Season removal of the display).
- Provides all account sku information to Burpee’s administration department for Burpee and account sku set up.
- Performs all other duties and assignments as requested.
Qualifications for Sr. Category Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5 years’ experience consumer product industry.
- Must be extremely numbers oriented.
- Be detail oriented, organized, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters related to the Sr. Category Manager position.
- Have professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable with fast paced changing environment.
The company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as long term career advancement potential. For immediate, confidential consideration for the Sr. Category Manager position, qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Job Code 2018-11 Sr. Category Manager as subject line. Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.