W. Atlee Burpee Company, the leading supplier to the American home gardener, has an immediate opening for a Full Time Section Grower at our Willow Hill facility located in Fannettsburg, PA.
Key Responsibilities for the Grower Position include:
- Work independently and perform work in accordance with Team, Facility, and Company goals.
- Develops and utilizes a weekly written pre-plan for what needs to be done for the next
- Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues
- Scout for insects and disease and apply appropriate controls
- Trains and supervises a team of seasonal employees
- All other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications for the Grower Position include:
- Degree in horticulture, floriculture or related degree.
- Minimum of two years commercial growing experience.
- Previous experience as a Grower or Section Grower
- Stand and walk for long periods of time; working on your feet; 20-30% office work
- PA Pesticide License required within six months
- Carry/lift items up to 50 pounds
- Rotating weekends
- Reliable transportation and ability to work in inclement weather required
The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills, current knowledge of greenhouse equipment, and have the ability to train and supervise a team of seasonal employees. Must be detail oriented and self directed. PGR experience a plus.
The company is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package. For immediate consideration for the Grower position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to HR@burpee.com. Please include Job Code 2018-10 Section Grower as the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.