W. Atlee Burpee and Co. is the leading retail / mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for an Accounts Receivable / Credit and Collections Manager in our Warminster, PA headquarters. You will be responsible for managing, planning and scheduling Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections to insure A/R risks and opportunities are identified and properly communicated to management.
The Accounts Receivable / Credit and Collections Manager will monitor the adequacy of accounting and credit controls, as well as appropriateness of policies and procedures. You will also assist in the development and implementation of modifications as necessary to improve the collection process. Previous industry experience in consumer packaged goods highly desired.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
Accounts Receivable – responsible for all activities in accounts receivable:
- Evaluate, establish, implement and monitor accounting policies, procedures and internal controls for all aspects of accounts receivable
- Monitor the accurate and timely invoicing of customer. This includes reviewing and understanding contracts with customers
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, IT and Operations staff and customers to automate processes and resolve issues
- Review and mail or email invoices daily; prepare and send manual invoices to PFS customers. Mail statements monthly
- Research and resolve invoice and payment discrepancies
- Reconcile A/R accounts to Customers open payables to assure accurate and timely payments
- Generate and book GAAP adjustment at Year-end
- Reconcile the Customer Aging to general ledger account monthly
- Write-off receivables as necessary
- Assist Financial and Bank auditors with audits
Credit and Collections – responsible for establishing and monitoring customer credit, as well as collection of all receivables
- Work with sales and finance to establish standards for granting credit privileges, credit limits and special terms
- Perform credit investigations on all credit requests for potential customers
- Obtain sales tax exemption certificates from new customers
- Make collection calls to delinquent accounts
- Provide credit references to outside companies
- Prepare statements and letters for past-due accounts
- Review and submit accounts to outside collection agencies or legal action
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
For immediate, confidential consideration for this opportunity, qualified applicants should forward their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Job Code 2018-08 - AR / Credit & Collections Manager as subject line. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent long term career advancement opportunity within the organization for the right individual.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
No phone calls please.