Greenhouse Plant and Operations Manager
W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Willow Hill Operations Manager in our Fannettsburg, PA location. This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Operations with the plant production, growing operations, shipping of customer plant orders and the maintenance of the growing facilities at Willow Hill.
- Development of the perennial production plan to meet the planned forecast.
- Scheduling and ordering seeds and liners for all plant lines to meet the plan, adjusting to changing sales levels
- Follow the annual production plan and adjusting it according to the current projections.
- Track inventory to meet sales goals, reduce CNS and increase additional sales of strong items.
- Track refunds to target areas for improvement.
- Ordering hard goods to meet production forecasts.
- Oversee supply purchasing for other departments
- Production supervision
- Greenhouse supervision – QC, inventory
- Oversee labor levels
- Improve plant production costs.
- Support the development of new products.
- All other duties assigned.
- 10 plus years of applicable experience in growing, production and supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail & Organizational skills
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Willow Hill Operations Manager– Job Code 2017-22” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.