W. Atlee Burpee Company, the leading supplier to the American home gardener, has an immediate opening for a Section Grower at our Willow Hill facility located in Fannettsburg, PA.
- Work independently and perform work in accordance with Team, Facility, and Company goals.
- Develops and utilizes a weekly written pre-plan for what needs to be done for the next
- Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues
- Scout for insects and disease and apply appropriate controls
- Trains and supervises a team of seasonal employees
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in horticulture, floriculture or related degree.
- Minimum of two years commercial growing experience.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time; working on your feet; 20-30% office work
- PA Pesticide License required within six months
- Carry/lift items up to 50 pounds
- Rotating weekends
- Reliable transportation and ability to work in inclement weather required
- Must have effective communication skills
- Knowledge of greenhouse equipment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to train and supervise a team of seasonal employees
- PGR experience a plus
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Section Grower – Job Code 2017-19” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.