Packaging Group Leader
W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Packaging Group Leader. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to the coordination and execution of the day and/or evening packaging activity as directed by the manager and supervisor. Train, oversee, and direct the employees provided by manager to perform the activities needed for the shift. The position is a working group leader position with a focus on providing set-up, training mechanical, and trouble-shooting expertise.
- Responsible to train, lead, evaluate performance of each assigned work group.
- Oversee the accuracy of all clerical, reporting, or paperwork for the task(s) being performed.
- Oversee the accuracy and frequency of Quality control.
- Direct material flow and material handling duties.
- Provide cross-training assistance to make the workforce more valuable in more functions.
- Provide orientation to new employees including SOP, work rules, safety instructions.
- Overall accuracy of the work group being lead.
- Monitor and ensure return seed and bags are accurately returned to the warehouse.
- Ability to perform work output according to standards expected for the task.
- Interpersonal work skills with other peers and employees in the work group.
- Review of ability to provide mechanical expertise as needed for the shift.
- Take the lead in mechanical, set-up, problem-solving issues with equipment in the area.
- Ensure a secure facility and work environment for the night/evening workforce.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate instructions effectively
- Requires standing, kneeling and lifting up to 8 hours per day.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Packaging Group Leader – Job Code 2017-8” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.