Sr. Category Manager
W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Category Manager. This individual's responsibilities include but not limited to: product recommendations based upon analysis and manages the execution of marketing, product, merchandising and replenishment strategies to increase sales and profitability for assigned accounts.
- Overall responsibility for the P/L of assigned accounts; ensures product, marketing and merchandising strategies are executed within timelines and budget.
- Works closely with product managers and executive marketing management to develop product assortments.
- Recommends assortments, assortment layouts and store display configurations to sales and executive marketing management.
- Develops and communicates product forecasts and ensures that account information/expectations (orders, shipping dates, special requirements, etc.) are communicated to appropriate personnel in a timely and complete manner.
- Manages the execution of product packaging as designed and approved by senior management.
- Assists in the preparation of sales and account related expense budgets. Provides re-forecasts as required.
- Performs consumer and competitive market research in order to improve Burpee’s shopping experience and competitive position in the account and marketplace.
- Directs the in-season replenishment parameters to ensure that VMI accounts are adequately replenished and non-VMI accounts have essential product available; maximizes sell-thru while minimizing end of season inventory balances.
- Provides information to sales management to ensure all assigned product displays are properly set up and serviced (i.e., set-up/in-season visits/display re-sets/End of Season removal of the display).
- Provides all account sku information to Burpee’s administration department for Burpee and account sku set up.
- Performs all other duties and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5 years experience consumer product industry.
- Must be extremely numbers oriented.
- Be detail oriented, organized, and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters related to the position.
- Have professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable with fast paced changing environment.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Sr. Category Manager-Job Code 2017-16” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.