National Accounts Manager-East
W. Atlee Burpee & Co. the leading supplier to the American home gardener has an immediate opening for a National Accounts Manager-East. This position will be responsible for the sales and account management functions for current and prospective retail accounts within their assigned account portfolio in order to profitably increase market share and account base. This position is located in Bucks County, PA.
- Develop and execute sales, merchandising and relationship strategies in order strengthen relationships and increase the account base, sales, profitability and long-term stability of the account portfolio.
- Ensures that all prospective accounts are identified and presented a strategic based program in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed all individual sales objectives as assigned by the Director of Sales and Merchandising.
- Provide direction for the development and management of Merchandiser plans, call schedules, expenses and activities.
- Communicates with National Sales & Merchandising Manager and Regional Managers to ensure we are meeting or exceeding the requirements (set-up/in-season visits/execution of promotions/End of Season removal of the display) of all retail serviced accounts.
- Works with marketing personnel to develop customer specific sales & merchandising programs for assigned accounts with approval of the Director of Sales and Merchandising.
- Submits product forecasts as required and ensures that account information/expectations (orders, shipping dates, special requirements, etc) are communicated to appropriate personnel in a timely and complete manner.
- Provides all necessary customer information and set up information, as necessary, in an accurate and timely manner to Burpee’s administration department; communicates item set up information to customer and ensures accurate and timely set up.
- Participates in competitive market research and communicates product needs to the company’s product development staff on a timely basis.
- Manages expenditures in a prudent and reasonable fashion in the conduct of business as outlined in the Business Expense Guidelines.
- Must have strong experience prospecting and securing new business at the headquarter level.
- In-store service execution A ++.
- A working knowledge of industry technologies and trends is necessary.
- Minimum of 10 years Sales Management experience with primary focus in consumer product sales to national retailers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Excellent skills in executive contemporary management software applications are a necessity.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “National Account Manager – Job Code 2017-13” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.