Marketing Analyst, Direct Marketing
W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Marketing Analyst in our direct marketing division at our Warminster, PA headquarters. This is an excellent growth opportunity for analytical marketing professionals to make an immediate impact at an established and innovative company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Marketing Analyst will play a key role in identifying opportunities through analyzing data to improve Burpee’s sales/profitability and competitive positioning as well as coordinating ongoing improvements to analytics and reporting capabilities. We are looking for a data-driven, technically savvy Marketing Analyst who combines their understanding of digital marketing concepts and data manipulation capabilities to generate insights, recommendations and business value out of raw numbers.
• Manage and maintain Adobe/Omniture web analytics tools. Ensure consistent measurement of key metrics and enable timely and accurate monitoring of performance.
• Analyze and report on performance of online marketing channels including email, paid search (PPC), organic search and affiliate marketing and make recommendations to drive improvements
• Track and evaluate website behavior patterns and assist in ongoing website optimization initiatives including A/B and multivariate testing strategies and on-site merchandising efforts
• Daily, weekly, and monthly reports across all digital media channels including Paid, Organic, Affiliate, Email and Social. .
• Assist in efforts to improve understanding of customer base through segmentation and customer profiling.
• Identify customer acquisition, retention and up/cross-sell opportunities by analyzing web traffic and sales data.
• Work with internal and external teams to help improve reporting and analytics capabilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Information Technology or other relevant field; or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years of experience in digital/web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Tealeaf, Google Analytics, IBM/ CoreMetrics, or WebTrends (technical experience with Adobe/Omniture Analytics is big plus); ecommerce experience preferred.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly interpret synthesize and convey the meaning and significance of data.
• Understanding of digital marketing tactics, trends and best practices.
• Clear communicator who works well with others of varying backgrounds and level of seniority, and can tell a story with numbers that will help others better understand the business and make sound decisions
• Self-starter, adaptive and creative with solid problem-solving abilities
• Experience with SQL, HTML, regression analysis and/or attribution modeling is a plus but not required
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line “Marketing Analyst, Direct Marketing–Job Code 2015-1” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.