Meatball, Eggplant Meatballs Recipe
Meatballs from 'Meatball' Eggplant
Meatless Mondays will never be the same using 'Meatball' eggplant as the main ingredient. It's moist, dense and flavorful fruit captures the taste and texture of meat but keeps everyone healthy! Follow this recipe to create the best "meatballs" you've ever tasted from a vegetable. Shop for "Meatball" here.
Try more heart-healthy, delicious 'Meatball' recipes - 'Meatball' Meatloaf or the best veggie burger we've ever tasted 'Meatball' Burger.
► 2 large eggs
► 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
► 1/2 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
► 1 clove garlic
► 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
► 2 medium sized Burpee ‘Meatball’ eggplants
*Add salt and pepper to taste
Yields 1 dozen meatballs
Noe: When preparing meatball mixture, do so immediately before cooking to prevent the eggplant from releasing excessive juices.
1. Mix first two ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mince half cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves and one garlic clove and the olive oil and combine with egg and breadcrumb mixture.
3. Peel ‘Meatball’ eggplants and grate them with the largest holes of a hand grater on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture and add to mixture, adding the salt and pepper in the last minute before cooking.
4. You will obtain a soft mixture. If it is too watery, add a tablespoon of all purpose flour.
5. Form into balls and fry them, if possible, in grape seed oil or light olive oil. Due to the egg content, the meatballs will absorb very little oil.
6. When the meatballs are golden brown, serve them in a light tomato sauce, over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash.
Enjoy the best meatless meatballs ever! Get 'Meatball' Here!