Corn and potatoes make a hearty pairing in this tasty Chunky Corn Chowder recipe.
Corn Chowder Preparation Instructions
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil in pot.
- Add 1 cup chopped onion, 1 bay leaf and 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Cut 6 medium new potatoes into chunks (about 4 cups); add to onion along with 4 cups water or stock.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cut kernels off 6 ears of Miracle corn. Add to soup.
- Simmer until heated through and corn is tender (5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil or chives.
Home Made Corn Chowder Ingredients
Want to grow the ingredients for this soup in your own garden? Find prize winning seeds & plants to grow all the vegetables you need for this dish in your home garden at Burpee Seeds:
If you are new to gardening in general, check out our Garden Advice Center for tips & tricks on improving your green thumb.