- In 4-quart (or more) slow cooker, combine beans, tomatoes, and chicken stock. Turn slow cooker to high and place lid on top.
- In medium-sized skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil on medium-low heat. Sauté onion, garlic, and fresh peppers until soft and onion is translucent. Once this doneness is achieved, add to slow cooker and replace lid. Put the skillet to the side- you will re-use this to cook the chicken.
- In medium-size non-metal bowl, toss chicken with all herbs and spices to coat evenly.
- In medium-sized skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook chicken on medium heat, just until cooked through. When chicken is done through or beginning to brown, remove from heat and add to slow cooker. If the center is a little pink, that is okay- it will finish cooking in the slow cooker, just don’t crisp the chicken, it will be more harmonious with the sautéed vegetables if it, too, is soft.
- Add enough water to bring liquid level to 1” below upper rim of slow cooker and replace lid.
- Turn slow cooker to low and allow flavors to meld for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over fresh corn bread and garnish with shredded pepper-jack cheese.