Meatloaf from 'Meatball' Eggplant
Better than mom's meatloaf because it's healthier and tastes great! 'Meatball' eggplant's moist and flavorful fruits produce the taste and texture of meatloaf you want and the healthy choice you need! This entree is sure to become a family dinner favorite.
Shop for "Meatball" here.
► 1 red and 1 orange bell pepper
► 2 large eggs
► 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
► 1/2 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
► 1 clove garlic
► 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
► 2 medium sized Burpee ‘Meatball’ eggplants
*Some salt and pepper to taste
Yields 4-5 Servings
1. Slice peppers in approximately four pieces.
2. In a 400 degree over, bake peppers skin side down.
3. After 10 minutes, when the peppers are soft, line a baking dish with the pepper slices and pour eggplant mixture over them.
4. While the peppers are baking, prepare the meatloaf ingredients; do so immediately before cooking to prevent the eggplant from releasing excessive juices.
5. Mix eggs and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Set aside.
6. Mince half cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves and one garlic clove and the olive oil and combine with egg and breadcrumb mixture.
7. Peel ‘Meatball’ eggplants and grate them with the largest holes of a hand grater on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture and add to mixture, adding the salt and pepper in the last minture before cooking.
8. You will obtain a soft mixture. If it is too watery, add a tablespoon of all purpose flour.
9. Pour meatloaf mixture into the pepper-lined baking dish.
10. Bake at 350 derees for 40 minutes.
11. Wait 15 minutes and invert the load on a serving platter. Accompany it with side dishes as you would a regular meatloaf. A side of plain boiled rice would be perfect.
Enjoy the best meatless meatloaf ever! Get 'Meatball' Here!