Regional Gardening Guide - Zone 3-4
August 1 to August 30-- Discover what you should be doing right now. Our experts share gardening advice, techniques, news, and ideas to make your garden the best ever.
Here’s what’s happening in your gardening region:
Your Regional reporter
Lisa Colburn is a crazy gardener, great cook and author of The Maine Garden Journal.
To see what Lisa's doing in her garden. Click Here!
1.) Harvest time is here!
1. Stay ahead of the wave of vegetables. Learn a few tricks to make harvest time quick and efficient.
2.) Proper care for pansies and violas.
2. With proper care, pansies and violas will bloom this fall and again next spring. Pansies and violas perform best in cool weather.
3.) It’s time to plan your spring garden.
3. Plant fall bulbs for spectacular spring blooms.
4.) For best selection, order fall bulbs now.
4. Go bold with yellow, orange and red tulips.
5.) Continue to keep the weeds at bay with the right tools.
5. Every gardener has a favorite tool to assist with weed control.