Regional Gardening Guide - Zone 3-4
September 1 to September 30 - Discover what you should be doing right now. Our experts share gardening advice, techniques, news, and ideas to make your garden the best ever.
Here’s what’s happening in your gardening region:
Your Regional reporter
Lisa Colburn is a crazy gardener, great cook and author of The Maine Garden Journal.
To see what Lisa's doing in her garden. Click Here!
1.) Fall is the perfect time to focus on your soil
1. Nourish your soil all winter long
2.) Homegrown garlic has a flavor that can’t be beat
2. Grow these gourmet hardneck garlic varieties for northern areas:
3.) Create a gourmet feast with the freshest, most-flavorful ingredients
3.Get the most out of your bounty with these delicious fresh-from-the-garden recipes:
4. Yes, there’s still time to plant and harvest vegetables
4. Grow these quick-growing vegetables for fall harvest:
5.) Zone 3 & 4 gardeners must be prepared for the inevitable – frost!!
5. Extend your season with frost protection supplies