Regional Gardening Guide - Zone 3-4
June 1 to June 30-- Discover what you should be doing right now. Our experts share gardening advice, techniques, news, and ideas to make your garden the best ever.
Here’s what’s happening in your gardening region:
Your Regional reporter
Lisa Colburn is a crazy gardener, great cook and author of The Maine Garden Journal.
To see what Lisa's doing in her garden. Click Here!
1.) Grow America’s favorite side dish – potatoes.
1. The humble potato is a must-have vegetable for every garden.
2.) Go beyond basic white potatoes this year.
2. Try potatoes of various colors, textures and flavors.
3.) Many tall-growing and vining plants appreciate support.
3. Have the right support for the right plant.
4.) Add color, texture and height to your garden with vines.
4. Grow fast-growing annual vines to cover a fence or screen an unwanted view.
Morning GloriesFind morning glory seeds that grow massive, trumpet shaped flowers that burst from tall, dense vines with heart-shaped leaves available in many colors at Burpee seeds. Browse our assortment of morning glory seeds that grow quickly and provide stunning color to the landscape all summer long available at Burpee.
5.) Weed like a pro.
5. Make weeding fast and efficient with the right tools.