Regional Gardening Guide - Zone 3-4
December 1 to December 31-- Discover what you should be doing right now. Our experts share gardening advice, techniques, news, and ideas to make your garden the best ever.
Here’s what’s happening in your gardening region:
Your Regional reporter
Lisa Colburn is a crazy gardener, great cook and author of The Maine Garden Journal.
To see what Lisa's doing in her garden. Click Here!
1.) Create gardens with year-round interest.
1. As snow blankets the yard, it’s time to focus on the “bones of the garden.”
2.) Protect plants from animals and pests.
2. See exciting new vegetables for 2019. You’ll want some of these new introductions in your garden.
3.) Gifts from your kitchen are for extra special friends.
3. Homemade presents are fun to make and guaranteed to be a hit.
4.) Invite birds into your garden.
4. The secret to attracting birds – feed them!
5.) Burpee's new 2019 annual introductions.
5. Your flower garden will get attention with these show-stopper introductions: