The key to rolling sushi at home is getting all your ingredients prepared before you begin! Use your homegrown carrots and cukes in these simple vegetable rolls.
1. Cook and cool sushi rice, according to package directions.
2. Thinly slice avocado, carrot, English cucumber and cream cheese into 2-inch matchsticks.
3. Place your sheet of nori (dried seaweed) with the shiny side down on top of a sushi mat with the bamboo running horizontally. Moisten your hands and spread the rice evenly across nori, pushing gently to spread and getting hands wet as needed to prevent sticking.
4. Place your fillings running horizontally in a thin line towards the bottom third of the roll being careful to not add too much.
5. Slowly pick up the mat and use it to wrap the bottom up and over the filling, squeezing and tightening as you roll to create a round tube shape. Continue scooting and rolling and squeezing until you’re all the way to the top.
6. Slice with a very sharp nice and serve with soy sauce.