Bake up a batch of these sweet (and easy) scones for the weekend!
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
2 sticks of cold unsalted cubed butter
¾ cup buttermilk
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 cup diced strawberries
Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter to work in cold cubed butter until the size of peas.
- Make a well in the center and add ¾ cup buttermilk and vanilla extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined, adding a tablespoon of milk at a time if mixture feels to dry to come together.
- Fold in diced strawberries. Use an ice cream scoop to portion 3-inch round scoops on 2 parchment lined sheet pans and gently press down a bit with the palm of your hands.
- Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar and bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.