Make ahead for easy meal prep! When preparing in advance, do not toast and wrap tightly in foil to store. Simply warm in an oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes before serving.
- Sauté ½ chopped red onion in olive oil for 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add 1 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms, 2 cloves grated garlic and 1 Tbs butter and sauté until fragrant.
- Add 1 small bunch kale and continue to sauté for about 10 minutes or until everything is wilted and a little browned, adding more oil if skillet gets too dry. Season with salt and pepper and remove mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean and scramble 8 eggs, beaten with 1 tsp salt and 2 Tbs water until just set.
- To assemble burritos, layer about 1/3 cup scrambled eggs, ¼ cup vegetable mixture and ¼ cup shredded fontina or cheddar cheese in the lower third of a large flour tortilla. Roll and fold in the sides and heat in wiped skillet with a little olive oil until just browned and crispy on both sides. Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce!
March 1, 2022