Garden time, and the eatin’ is easy! Top off grits with sautéed greens like mustard, kale or Swiss chard for this simple dish.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil and stir in 1 cup grits. Simmer, stirring often, and cook until tender, usually about 18-25 minutes.
- Stir in a few tablespoons salted butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons olive oil and add 3 cloves garlic, sliced. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add 2 bunches cleaned torn greens and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve greens on top of grits and top with grated parmesan cheese and red chili flakes.
April 28, 2022