Sweet garden peas and rich butternut squash fill these delightful mini pies, which you can make using store-bought dough to save time.
1. Roast diced butternut squash with a bit of olive oil and salt until tender and soft. Cool slightly and mash until slightly chunky.
2. Add 1 Tbs melted butter, ½ cup peas and 1-2 Tbs curry powder plus additional salt and pepper to taste. Set filling aside to prepare dough rounds.
3. Cut out 3- or 4-inch rounds from store-bought pie dough using a knife and small bowl.
4. Put a tablespoon or so of filling in each dough round. Brush edges with egg wash and fold over to make a semi-circle. Crimp edges to seal tightly with a fork or your fingers and brush the entire pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with flaky salt and pepper.
5. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-50 minutes or until deeply golden brown. Add grated cucumber, lemon juice and a pinch of salt to plain Greek yogurt and serve as a dipping sauce on the side of the pies.