A scrumptious way to use up surplus zucchini. Bake an extra loaf to share with your neighbor!
½ cup rolled oats
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large zucchini + 2 Tbs flour for adding to batter
½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add granulated sugar, melted and cooled butter, whole milk, beaten egg and vanilla extract.
- Grate zucchini on a box grater and us a dishtowel to squeeze out the excess liquid. Toss with 2 Tbs flour and fold into the batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into a loaf pan that has been greased and lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour and 10 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing.