Garden-grown cauliflower transforms into a decadent appetizer – delicious with herby dip!
- Cut a large head of cauliflower into florets and roast with olive oil, salt and 3 cloves garlic at 400 degrees F for 18-25 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool and transfer to a food processor with ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 egg and 1 tsp salt; process until chunky but uniform and broken down.
- Add 1 cup panko or bread crumbs and pulse to combine.
- Divide mixture into 15 balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and roll each ball between the palm of your hands to create an oval shape. Chill croquettes for 30 minutes before frying.
- Heat ½” oil in a large skillet and fry about 1-2 minutes per side, rolling around until brown and deep golden all over. Transfer to a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt with ¼ tsp salt and pepper and ¼ cup mixed chopped herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro and green onion tops. Serve croquettes with dip.