- Rub inside of a wooden salad bowl by pressing 1 clove smashed garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Mince the garlic and add to bowl.
- Measure in 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil with 2 tbsp herb infused or sherry vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon style mustard, 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp each fresh chopped parsley and chives.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toss with 4 cups of Cook's Mild Mix mesclun salad greens.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook