Fun with Homemade Foil Plant Tags
When you plant a seed or plant in the garden in spring it’s important to keep a record of what it is so you can review how you like it at the end of the season. Making these foil plant tags out of simple components is a fun way to help us remember the names of our favorite flowers and vegetables in our gardens.
What You Need:
• Aluminum foil
• Aluminum duct tape
• A ball point pen
• Soft cloth
• Plastic knives or forks left from your last picnic
What To Do:
- Cut the foil into strips 1 inch wide and long enough to fit the name of the variety you want to remember.
- Cut strips of duct tape to match the foil, but make them slightly longer with extra space for gluing to the knives.
- Position the foil to the sticky side of the duct tape, and press firmly to eliminate air pockets.)
- Use your ballpoint pen to write the name of the plant. Place the soft cloth under the duct tape to make clear letters.
- Wrap the extra part of the duct tape onto the dull side of the plastic knife, or around the tines of the fork.
- Mark your rows!