- Combine 1 cup melon purée with 1 tbsp honey, 2 tsp finely chopped, fresh mint and a pinch of fine sea salt in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin on top.
- Let stand until the gelatin softens.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves.
- Do not let the purée come to a simmer.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Refrigerate, stirring often, until the purée is cool but not set.
- Whip 3/4 cup heavy cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer.
- Fold the cream into the purée.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook