- Scrub and grate 4 medium zucchini squashes and combine in a colander with 2 tsp of salt and
let stand to draw out the juices, about 30 minutes.
- Rinse well in cold water.
- Squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a medium bowl, beat 4 eggs and add the squash, 1/4 cup of flour, 4 tbsp of melted
butter, 1 tbsp each of basil and chives and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Mix well.
- Fold in 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat.
- Drop the batter into skillet, spread into 1/2" thick pancakes.
- Cook, turning once, until the pancakes are golden brown on each side.
Makes 12-14 pancakes.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook