Herbed Summer Squash with Mustard Butter
- Thinly slice 2 zucchini squash.
- Toss with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and 1 tbsp diced summer savory or thyme.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add 1 cup chopped onions.
- Sauté until soft; add the zucchini.
- Stir until the edges are slightly browned.
- Toss with mustard butter.
- Mustard Butter: Blend 4 tbsp softened butter with 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tbsp Dijon
mustard, and 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook