- Carefully unwrap phyllo leaves and cut into a size that will fit a tart pan or other open baking dish.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter and with a pastry brush, lay a piece of phyllo in the pan and paint the surface with butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese for 8 layers.
- Fold in edges and brush into place with butter.
- Top with a layer of fresh sliced mozzarella cheese, Mammoth basil leaves and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 45 minutes, until edges of the tart are golden and crisp.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook