Sweet Pepper and Carrot Soup
- Melt 4 tbs olive oil in soup pot; sauté 1 cup chopped onion and 1/4 cup white rice for 5
- Chop 2 bell peppers, one green and one red, and add to onion along with 2 cups chopped
- Stir over medium heat 10 minutes; add a grinding of black pepper, 2 tbsp each chopped
parsley and dill.
- Add juice and zest from 1 orange and cover with 6 cups stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cool, then puree.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook