Spinach and Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash and trim stems from 8 cups spinach and add to a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse, and squeeze out moisture.
- Coarsely chop.
- Whisk 4 large egg yolks in a bowl until smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill and 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley.
- Stir in spinach and 2 cups cottage cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Pour into buttered baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, until set.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook