Spicy Red Rubin Basil Butter
- Mix together 1 stick softened butter with 1/4 cup finely slivered Red Rubin basil.
- Blend in 1 clove finely diced garlic, 1 tbsp finely diced hot pepper and 1/8 tsp ground cumin.
- Place the mixture on a 10" sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll butter into a compact cylinder.
- Chill the butter until ready to use.
- Pasta and Vegetables: Toss 2 cups cooked pasta with 2 tbsp Red Rubin basil butter and add lightly steamed red and yellow peppers, broccoli florets and scallions.
-Ellen Ecker Ogden, author of From the Cook's Garden cookbook