Sprout Seed, Mung Bean
Seeds for sprouting, fresh eating.
Bean sprouts are nutritious and delicious. These are easy to grow (sprout) and are quick to germinate. Sprouts can be grown all year round.
Buy this product
Item # Product
Order: 1/4 lb.
Days To Maturity
Fall, Spring, Summer
How to Sow
- Spread seeds evenly in a sprouter or shallow container filled with good quality, sterile soil.
- No need to plant and cover seeds, allow them to sit on top of soil.
- Keep moist by rinsing once or twice per day but do not allow to stand in water.
- Keep in a warm (70 degrees F), dark place until the seed spouts.
- Seeds sprout in 5-7 days.
How to Grow
- Move to light when sprouts are 1-2 inches tall.
Harvest and Preserving Tips
- Harvest when 2-4 inches tall.
- Rinse well before serving.
- Sprouts are excellent in salads and prepared dishes.
- Eat them as soon as possible to assure maximum vitamin content.
Days To Maturity5-7 daysSunPart SunHeight1-2 inchesSow MethodIndoor SowPlanting TimeFall, Spring, SummerLife CycleAnnual
Sprout Seed, Mung Bean is rated out of 5 by 2.Rated 5 out of 5 by OhioMom from Fresh vegetables in winter I bought these two years ago and still they have a 100% germination rate. Easy to sprout in an old quart mason jar...I just rinse and drain 2-3 times a day to keep the seeds wet. May take more than a week to grow if your house is cold.. They sprout and grow faster in the summer, but I use these in the winter so I have at least one home-grown fresh vegetable in the colder months.Date published: 2015-02-27Rated 5 out of 5 by Sweepea from Yum! Crunchy sprouts in under a week. This envelope produces about 15 'crops'. Very cost effective.Date published: 2011-04-11